An applicant for admission to candidature for a degree of Master of Divinity (Korean) shall:
- have completed a three-year degree from an accredited university in Korea. This graduation is considered evidence of Korean language literacy sufficient to undertake the course; or
- hold, from a university or other tertiary institution, qualifications approved by the Student Administration Committee as equivalent to the requirements set out in the paragraph above; or
- hold an SCD Graduate Certificate in Arts (Korean): to receive the award the student is required to complete a further 180 credit points (20 units), and hand back the GradCertArts (Korean) upon graduation; or
- hold an SCD Graduate Diploma of Arts (Korean): to receive the award the student is required to complete a further 144 credit points (16 units), and hand back the GradDipArts (Korean) upon graduation; or
- hold an SCD Master of Arts (Korean)(108 credit point): to receive the award the student is required to complete a further 108 credit points (12 units), and hand back the MA (Korean) upon graduation; or
- have qualified for admission to a three-year degree from an accredited Australian tertiary institution and proven fluency in the Korean language: Korean as first language or, for non-native-Korean speakers, Korean proficiency: level 6 out of 6 levels in the Yonsei University Korean Language Test.
- have some proficiency in the English language.
Notwithstanding the provisions of this regulation, the Student Administration Committee may require an applicant to demonstrate fitness for admission as a candidate for a degree of Master of Divinity (Korean) by carrying out such work and/or sitting for such examinations as the Student Administration Committee may determine.
In exceptional cases, an applicant may be admitted as a candidate for a degree of Master of Divinity (Korean) if the applicant submits evidence of other academic and professional attainments to the Student Administration Committee.
No candidate for the award may be concurrently enrolled in any other undergraduate or postgraduate course within the Sydney College of Divinity or any other tertiary institution unless approval has been granted by the Academic Board.
In this course all teaching is conducted in the Korean language. All teaching and support staff are native Korean-language speakers. The course materials are in the Korean language. Graduates are expected to work in a Korean language context.
Applicants whose entry qualifications were obtained in an institution where Korean is not the language of instruction must be fluent in the Korean language and have achieved Korean proficiency equivalent to a level 6 on the 6-level Yonsei University Korean Language Test.
- Satisfactory completion of at least one year study of English as a subject in high school or in an English-only language school or other training centre, or
- Satisfactory completion of a post-school award of at least 6 months duration where teaching was in English, or
- Satisfactory completion of a test approved by the Sydney College of Divinity that demonstrates that the candidate can speak, write and read English.