An applicant for admission to candidature for a degree of Bachelor of Theology (Honours) (Korean) shall:
- hold a Bachelor of Theology from the Sydney College of Divinity completed within the previous five years, with a grade point average of 2.7 overall and 3.0 in the area of specialisation; or
- hold a qualification from another university or tertiary institution that the Academic Board considers equivalent to the requirements above.
The grade point average is calculated as follows:
GPA = (4H + 3D + 2C + 1P + 0N) ÷ E where:
- H is the number of credit points gained at H grade
- D is the number of credit points gained at D grade
- C is the number of credit points gained at C grade
- P is the number of credit points gained at P grade
- N is the number of credit points attempted which earned an N grade
- E is the total number of credit points for which a student has enrolled (excluding units with W and S)
You will need to supply transcripts for verification.
Applicants will be required to show evidence of competence in appropriate ancient and/or modern languages in order to access primary sources and significant secondary works relevant to their thesis topic. Language requirements will be determined at the time of application in consultation with the proposed supervisor.
An applicant may not be admitted to candidature unless the teaching institution in which they are enrolled can ensure that adequate supervision is available.
No candidate for the BTh(Hons) may be concurrently enrolled in any other undergraduate or postgraduate course within the Sydney College of Divinity (SCD) or any other tertiary institution unless the candidate is enrolled in an approved joint degree program, unless approval has been granted by the SCD Academic Board.
In this course all teaching is conducted in the Korean language. All teaching and support staff are native Korean-language speakers. The course materials are in the Korean language. Graduates are expected to work in a Korean language context.
Applicants whose entry qualifications were obtained in an institution where Korean is not the language of instruction must be fluent in the Korean language and have achieved Korean proficiency equivalent to level of 5 on the 6 level Yonsei University Korean Language Test.
- Satisfactory completion of at least one year study of English as a subject in high school or in an English-only language school or other training centre, or
- Satisfactory completion of a post-school award of at least 6 months duration where teaching was in English, or
- Satisfactory completion of a test approved by the Sydney College of Divinity that demonstrates that the candidate can speak, write and read English.