Lodge HDR application
Applications for candidature can be made online and are accepted throughout the year.
What to do before you lodge your application for candidature
- Contact our Research Director Professor Jim Harrison to discuss the program that is the best fit for you. Call us on +61 2 9889 1969 or email [email protected] to make an appointment. The meeting can be over the phone or in person.
- Decide on your course and ensure that you meet the entry requirements.
- Have all the documentation ready. You will need certified copies for all the official documents like testamurs, birth certificate, passport, transcripts, IELTS results. Online application process requires you to upload the certified copies and other documents. Ensure that the individual files to be uploaded are no larger than 1MB. We recommend that the documents are either PDF, PNG, JPEG or Doc files
Applicants who are international students should ensure that they
- intend to apply for student visa
- are able to pay the cost of study as they are not eligible for FEE-HELP. The Graduate Research School does not offer any scholarships to international students.
- meet the English language requirements
- have had a virtual meeting (through a video conference) with the Research Director
The application process may take 35 – 45 minutes if you have all the information and the documents ready. You have the option to do a section within the application, save the document and continue later. When you save you will receive a link which remains active for 30 days, within which time you must complete the online application process. The sections in the form are
- Candidature application details
- Personal details
- Academic background
- Relevant research and professional experience
- Summary of research intentions (must include the title, aim and methodology of the thesis)
- Academic referee details
- Fee payment details
- Emergency contact
- Information for DET (This information is not used to assess your application)
The list of documents you will need to attach:
- certified copy of your Birth Certificate, certificate of citizenship or passport (page/s showing all the personal details)
- passport size photograph
- certified copies of all your academic transcripts and testamurs
Additional documents may be required, like evidence of residency, evidence of being a pensioner, proof of English proficiency, change of name or marriage certificate, a CV.
Application for Candidature