Research Ethics Committee
Research Ethics Committee gives ethics clearance to all research involving human subjects. All thesis proposals involving the gathering of personal information from people by surveys, interviews or case studies will be dealt with according to the procedures and policies of the Research Ethics Committee. The Committee follows the principles and guidelines set in the National Statement on Ethical Conduct in Research Involving Humans and the Australian Code for the Responsible Conduct of Research. The Research Ethics Committee makes recommendations to the Academic Board in consultation with the Research Committee.
Membership of the Research Ethics Committee as of October 2021
- Chair: Mr David Blair MA Sydney FRSA
- Dr Patricia Bolster DHCE Duquesne MTh SCD Med ACU
- Mr Philip Bradford BA(Hons) UNSW MA Sydney BTh Moore MA(Th) Sydney
- Ms Kylie Day BA(Hons) LLB(Hons) Sydney LLM(Hons) Cambridge
- Mr Peter McLean BEng MBS Sydney Cert III Security Risk Analysis
- Dr Dean Smith BA UQ GradDipTh MTh(Hons) BCT PhD UQ
- Mrs Jenni Gainer BA Macquarie MA SCD
Learn more about research ethics at the Graduate Research School.